LTC Saturday 29 May 10AM: Samanos in League City TX Free TX Law Refresher Academics
We perform Wound Ballistics testing and analysis for Federal, State and Local agencies as well as private security companies.
Armor testing is accomplished with our partner armor manufacturer Veterans MFG. No reports are made public of our ammunition armor testing.
Round capture analysis is a detailed examination of rounds after passing thru different media. Measuring weight retention, deformation, fragmentation and wound channel analysis. Used by manufacturers for engineering and product development, especially with new designs. This is particularly important with hollow points in trying to correct the high failure rate.
Tests and Reports available for Military and Law Enforcement (LE/Mil), contractor and ammunition manufacturer only. Contact us with your official agency information to receive your free copy of any of the following test reports or presentations.
1. Six Federal Hollow Point Tests Compilation Report
2. Ballistic Ratio Presentation
3. Solid Copper Armor Test Composite Spreadsheet
4. 5.7mm Terminal Performance Test and Report
5. 2018 9mm FTM Test
6. 2019 5.7mm LE/Mil Wound Ballistics and Armor Test
7. 2019 Solid Copper Defensive Ammunition-Wound Ballistics Test
8. 2019 Solid Copper Defensive Ammunition-Wound Ballistics Test #2
9. US Secret Service Wound Ballistics Analysis for 2020
10. 2020 Solid Copper-Hollow Point 9mm/40S&W Wound Ballistics Test
11. 2020 5.7mm Wound Ballistics and Armor Test
12. US Customs and Border Protection 2020 Wound Ballistics Test
13. Solid Copper 9mm-Veterans MFG Armor Test (Spreadsheet, March 2021)
Tests and Reports available to the public. (Downloadable above)
1. Defensive Handgun Ammunition Characteristics and Bullet Types 2021
2. 2018 Dynamic Munitions 9mm Ballistics Test and Report
3. 2016/17 Joint Agency Ballistic Test For Defensive Handgun Ammunition
The largest Federal Ballistics test ever performed. It started in March of 2016 and finished in October 2017. Coordinating multiple federal, state and local agencies, contractors, gun stores and weapons instructors. All phases and tests were conducted with at least 1 camera man, one chief tester and one assistant for quality control and multiple measurements. No averages were calculated unless at least 4 rounds were fired per phase. All failures were included in the data with no "flyers" being removed.
Ballistic Test Protocol :
Phase 1: Chrono for velocity, Reliability and Consistency
Phase 2: FBI calibrated ballistics gel with 4 layer denim barrier
Phase 3: FBI gel with denim and FBI Plywood barrier consisting of a single 3⁄4” thick AA Fir plywood panel
Phase 4: Animal the Tissue with denim barrier
Phase 5: Animal Tissue with denim and FBI Plywood barrier consisting of a single 3⁄4” thick AA Fir plywood panel
Our grading criteria follows FBI / DoD standards:
1. Penetration. Using Phase 2 data: 12 inches minimum. 15-20 desired.
2. Reliability and Consistency
3. Barrier Performance
4. Permanent Wound Cavity measured in cubic inches
Tissue target: 2 boneless briskets 7-8" thick, 35-38 pounds. Average human male is 10" thick.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you are interested in having a ballistic test analyzed, conducted or more information on our current tests, or for a Ballistics Course, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2019 Viper Weapons Training - All Rights Reserved.